The future of urban mobility is a return to a tried and tested combination
of bicycles and trains. BiTiBi is an innovative, three-year project co-funded by
the European Union aimed at improving the livability of European cities and
improving the energy efficiency of our transport. Combining the two most
energy efficient modes of transportation, the bicycle and the train, provides
a seamless door-to-door transport connection. Faster, easier and cooler.
Pilot projects are implemented in the regions of Barcelona, Milan, Liverpool and in Belgium with the help of our ten partners, in order to inspire all European cities to consider a modern, multimodal approach to transport.
The actions of the BiTiBi project are as follows:
• Build safe, secure and convenient bike parking facilities at train stations
• Provide convenient public bikes
• Unite the bicycle and train stakeholders
• Integrate payment system of bike and rail services
• Communicate positively the advantages for combining bicycles and trains
The Final Bitibi Conference will take place in Utrecht, Netherlands on March 7, 2016. Register here to participate.